- What’s the difference between American conservatism and the left?
- Power to the individual (conservatism/libertarianism) vs. power over the people (collectivism/progressivism)
- The pursuit of facts vs. the control of information
- Natural Rights vs. rights determined by the government or the elites.
- The conservative notion of democracy as one legal voter, one vote vs. the left’s concept of getting the “correct” result of an election through any means
- The left’s notion that the ends justify the means vs the conservative notion that only just means create just ends.
- Collectivist governments and authoritarianism vs. conservative governments and individualism.
To hear these topics discussed, you can listen to the Liberty Relearned podcast here.
Please give the podcast a listen.